- win+dows

Latest

вторник, 12 декабря 2017 г.

How to Upgrade to Windows 8.1 From Windows 8



Windows 8 users who've been waiting for a better user experience don't have to wait any longer. Microsoft's Windows 8.1 is available as a free upgrade for any PC running Windows 8. With just a few simple steps, you can get important new features, including the ability to see multiple windows in Modern UI, a Start Button and a search function that returns results both from the web and your hard drive. Here's how to upgrade your Windows 8 PC to Windows 8.1.


1. Make sure your PC has all recent Windows updates. If you've been using Windows 8 steadily you are probably up to date, but if it has been a few days since you last logged in to your PC, follow these steps to check.


1a. Click settings on the Charms menu.



1b. Click Change PC settings.



1c. Select Windows Update


1d. Click the Check for updates now button to see if there are any new files.


1e. Force any updates to install immediately by clicking on the "We'll install . . . automatically" link then Intall.



2. Open the Windows Store app.


3. Click the Update to Windows 8.1 button. If you don't see this button on the screen, check for updates again, close and reopen the Windows Store or reboot your machine.



4. Click the Download button to confirm.



You may have to wait 30 minutes or more for the install to download, but you can keep using your computer during this time.



5. Click Restart Now when prompted.



Your computer will then take several minutes installing Windows 8.1, complete with at least one reboot. You can walk away from your computer and do something else for 5 minutes or more because your input won't be required for a while.


6.Click "I Accept" when presented with the License terms.



7. Click Use Express Settings at the bottom of the screen. You can also choose custom settings, but we find the Express settings work well for most users.



8. Sign in to Windows as you normally would.



9. Allow Windows to send a security code to your phone if it prompts you. You can skip this step, but may not be able to sync your account across PCs without performing it later.



10. Enter the code you received on your phone at the prompt.



11. Click Next on the Skydrive screen.



You will then have to wait a few minutes while Windows finishes the install process. You'll see some messages on the screen that say it is setting up and installing apps.



After another couple of minutes, the Windows 8.1 Start screen will appear and you'll be ready to go


Computer is locked up after 82%.. Computer has black screen with HP loco and the spinning wheel. Have tried ctrl alt delete; hard shut down, removing battery. NOTHING Can not get into that computer to do anything. HELP!!


not working for DVD with my laytop ( Window Media Player where is missing in my folder. )I am deaf woman so pls help me.


You know, a lot of this win8 win8.1 stuff just seems to have gone way backwards from what we had in XP or win 7, For example it says I can keep working, but how in blazes do I get back to the "Installs" screen to view the status and where is just some basic info, like what percentage. or simply does not work, like I hit a button on the screen and nothing happens, nothing. Oh, I go to Chrome, it works fine. duh, please explain, why MS web page does not work with IE11?


Hi! I tried installing Windows 8.1, but after 6 hours it's only at 40$ usually and then it fails, giving me an error code. It's not always the same code but it always starts with 0x800. I looked up those codes, and Microsoft had given someone directions how to fix the errors. The woman trying to install never did get her Windows 8.1 installed either. I don't think it has anything to do with my pc but everything to do with Microsoft. I have an HP Pavilion laptop, and have Windows 8, which keeps moving all my media every time it updates. I also have to reset my default Internet browser back to Google every time it updates. If you can give me any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!


I have been trying to install the new 8.1 software; however, the window seems to stay stuck at 37% done (for hours!) Consequently, there must be something wrong either with my machine or the new software. Help please!


As usual - all the wonderful hype about Microsoft's WOW! But just try to find out how to fix the broken WUSUS system, when it doesn't want to download the windows 8.1 update. Then all of a sudden Microsoft is more clandestine than the CIA - and answers are just not available.


HELP (Please). Two days ago I clicked "Refresh" on my Windows 8.1 HP Laptop, and when it was done, "8.1" was gone (which it warned would happen), BUT, as I've gone to the "Store", there's NO indication of HOW to find "8.1" again - I don't see it Anywhere in the Store. HELP (Please) . and a Big Thanks for your time.


All the Best, Mitch Scharoff


I get this error code 0x80240031 when trying to download windows 8.1 single language. please help me out.


Thank you. Two small words, but they convey so much. I'm aged 62 and I've only been using a computer for three years, and yesterday it broke. Windows 8.1 wasn't working. I knew how to restore it to 7, but after that, nothing. I followed your steps to the letter and I'm thrilled to say I now have 8.1 back and working. I feel really empowered at the moment. Thank you again.


Here we are 5 months after it launched. I spent hours on this. Gets as far as "Installing Windows 8.1 We'll let you know when we're done." Then "Something happened. " Unbeleivable!


I did this upgrade and had some issues. After clicking restart now, when the PC rebooted i had no video output. I had to think why. I realised that my video cable was a DVI connection and that there needed to be a HDMI connection instead. Once i setup the video with a HDMI connection I was back on track. Mind you i did freak out a little. i turned off the PC during the process, after I knew the PC was in sleep mode.


My download experience with 8.1 was an expensive result. After step 5 my laptop froze so I had to take it to be repaired. They had to wipe the laptop clean and start over. I'm not very happy with Microsoft and feel they should pay my bill.


My windows 8 is up to date but Windows 8.1 doesn't appeare in my Store . Why?


Using Windows store update. takes forever to download. Does anyone have the same experience? Will the forever really be forever or should I expect it to actually finish the dl? Impossible to tell cos there is no progress bar or anything telling if something actually happens or not.


Similarly I tried to upgrade to win 8.1 it just got stop on 62% and restart downloading kindly help plzzzz.


Will you need a key after upgrading from the store? I lost mine


not yet updated


downloaded 8.1 now everytime I try to open something I get asked if I want to open, save etc. then another pop-up window. PITA how do I stop this


i am BEGGING anyone to explain this to me - seriously - why doesn't microsoft simply offer the update the same way it has offered the endless daily hello called ANOTHER microsoft windows update . scared of getting lost in the crowd?


i am using windows 8 single language.i had downoaded 8.1 single language from windows store.after all the steps rebooting,sign in,code varification and sky drive next option. my screen suddenly becomes black just after sky drive option ,with only cursor is visible for a log time..and when i refresh my system once again win. 8 appears..i hv repeated all these process 3 times,but all times same result=black screen.


what should i do.


plz give a proper solution.


I like the update


It works fine with my vaio fit 15


betichodon bhan ke lodhon usse kuch nahi hua


OMG those ADS on every image are SO ANNOYING - I won't be coming back here


Stay with 7 and save your hair.


More junk in a .1 package.


i have windw 8, I was told to go to any windows store in nyc and they will do it for you- to upgrade to windw 8.1


After upgradtion windows 8.1 in my HP TS 14-n020se the scree left blank and I could not start my pc. also i lost windows 8. pls help


Hmmm, so Windows 8.1 is not downloaded via Windows update. So it's not an update, but kinda.


I did all of these steps, only I choose the option to give the code later. My 2weeks old hp pavilion is after it restarted black and Dead!!


If you do NOT want to use a Windows Live Account as your primary log on do the following:


disculpe yo tengo el windpws 8 pro original y ago estos pasos perdere mi licencia ?? o se instalala normal con mi licencia.


espero si respuesta gracias


i have windows 8 pro, and i have yet to see the "get windows 8,1 for free" thingy, i have all updates, i checked my key was still valid(had windows 7 without a valid one for some reason) and still nothing, any ideas yet?


Thanks for the instructions BUT since upgrading on the HP pavillion all in one touch screen, the touch screen wont work. Why not??


I started the 8.1 update on Oct. 18th. My win 8 Toshiba had already told me bring down Toshiba's 8.1 prerequisites before bringing down 8.1 from Microsoft.


I’m using Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit. After installing and restarting my HP laptop even get started. I can't do nothing, even get to safe mode. Whats goin on? Thanks


Windows 8.1 Download : goo.gl/kbfSIo


the return of the start button is a JOKE. Don't expect to see your familiar start menu, as this was just a trick to get you back on the start screen with the tiles. You can right click and get some extra options, but I don't really need quick access to disk manager for example.


I have tried several times to download and install windows 8.1 preview. Prior to each attempt I uninstall the windows 8.1 installer, re-install the helper, reboot, then attempt to download the 8.1 preview, the download first off will take hours, hours hours, which at some point it will completely stall out or you will receive and error message which of course has absolutely no explanation attached to it as to why it did not download nor install.


same problems here : (windows 8.1) error code 0x80072ee2 JUST AN OTHER FAIL AGAIN W.8


I get about halfway through the installation and then it just freezes. I am a big Microsoft fan and it is a good thing I am because my experience with Windows 8 has been somewhat of a nightmare. I am about ready to bite the formatting bullet and go back to Windows 7.


what is meaning of downloading(windows 8.1) error code 0x80072ee2


Another great execution by Microsoft. What a disaster.


found the answer to my problem press the close button bottom right corner


23 minutes to go lovely


Please do not tell me when lights stop flashing ha ha


downloading now iso file win 8.1 but no download percentage showing


only flashing lights on modem,how will i know when download has finished


Same, not getting any prompt to download from store. Using Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий